Ear lobe repairs are one of the commonest plastic surgery procedures. It is done to treat enlarged ear lobe holes which can happen due to many reasons:
Elongated earlobe holes, or a split earlobe, can be caused by many things:
- Heavy earrings are worn over long periods of time
- Gauges placed in the earlobe, with increasing size, weight, and time
- Earrings getting caught and then pulled (typically long earrings snagging a dress or other clothing)
- Children pulling on earrings
- Multiple piercings too close together or too close to the bottom of the lobe
- Sudden trauma
The procedure is done under local anesthesia and takes 10-15minutes. It is better to avoid re-piercing for at least three weeks after the repair. Also, the re-piercing should be done a little away from the repaired area to avoid chances of re-tear.
Call 7022543542 for appointments today!